Friday, September 27, 2013

"My Connecttion to Play"




Quotes representing play”


A child loves his play, not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard.
Benjamin Spock
American pediatrician
1903–1998



Play is our brain's favorite way of learning.
Diane Ackerman
Contemporary American author


Many children today have video games and cell phones with games on them. Although there are many game to play like board game, on the phone children can play with each other even when they are in their own homes.
Back in the day we had monopoly, scrabbles, and other board games that required you to be in the same room to play and now there’s the electronic phone games that you can play from anywhere in the world. I still like the family and friends board games the old fashion way even though I play a few long distance games myself. Parents need to re-invent family game night and limit cell phone use and video games to encourage children to play and learn. I see the differences in family time and child’s play.

As a child I played outdoors every day after school winter and summer. My friends and me played, talked on the phone and had hours of fun. I played in the dirt, made mud pies, and playing school was one of my most favorite things to do. My mom played with us sometimes and this helps me and my sibling all throughout school. As a parent today my family still plays games and enjoys a lot of family time.





My favorite Play Things

BARBIE TIGHTS

BARBIE

BARBIE SHOES

JACKS -N- BALL


JUMP-ROPE

2 comments:

  1. Family Game Night is such a fun way to play! I think that is a great suggestion for families. I have many board games in my classroom (Chutes and Ladders, Hi Ho Cherry-O, Candyland) and I cannot simply put them out for children to play...they don't know how! I have to introduce and teach each game before I allow them to play, as the great majority have never played them before! I think board games give you the opportunity to learn how to be a good sport, practice taking turns, and count while moving your game pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie-
    I absolutely LOVE your first quote on this post! I think that we do way too much for children and we need to give them more opportunities to challenge themselves because they love a good challenge!

    Some of my fondest childhood memories are of playing board games around the dining room table with my parents and siblings. We would eat popcorn and listen to music. It was so fun! You just can't get that kind of bonding and enjoyment with an iPad.

    ReplyDelete