Friday, February 28, 2014

Time Well Spent



Farewell does not always mean good-bye. It took me a little longer to get where I am today than most of you. These last two years has been a challenge and I could have given up. It is because of you that today I can live my dream in the awakening of a new revelation. I truly believe in you and you have showed me how to believe I me.



I have learned that determination will get you to the finish line.
I have learned that you can’t finish unless you start.
I have learned that I need a little push no and then.

My long term goal is to continue learning about early childhood and early education. I have been dreaming of opening a child care center with an early learning program. While earning my degree I have be wondering what it would be like to have a room full of students every day all day. I will soon be getting my experience.

Dr. Dartt, that you for teaching me. Although this is not the only class that that I have had the honor of being a student with you as the instructor, I have learned a great amount of information. Thank you. To all my colleagues, your continuous feed- back and words of wisdom and knowledge has helped me to become the person I am today. I can now step to the head of the class and take a seat with my back to the chalk board. I may be jumping the gun a bit here, I see myself opening a school for young learners only. I want to call it SOTY acronym for School of the Young. The one thing I want most in life is to educate our young children teaching to read and write, showing the how to do math problems, without a calculator, but most importantly, teach them to know what they are worth.


My favorite quote: "It takes a village to raise a child."

The meaning of the proverb 'it takes a village to raise a child' is simply that. It takes more than one person to teach a child the ways of life. A child comes upon many different experiences and circumstances during their life and often times, is taught by someone else the right and wrong thing to do.


My phone numbers are:

Home - 313-434-8770 also my Business phone.
Cell - 313-434-7916
My home address is:

27655 Aberdeen St.
Southfield, Michigan 48076

It is good to stay in touch. I would like to have your contact information so that when I get ready to get my center operating fully I may need some advice and some encouragement.

Have a Great Spring.

Miss Leslie

3 comments:

  1. Leslie

    I can't believe how quickly time when by. We are really finished! Good luck with opening your child care center. This really has been time well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock. So far you're the only response I see. I'll check back later. Thanks. Maybe well\\'ll meet in person soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie,
    You have quoted this your favorite quotes consistently. It;s been wonderful having you in the class. I really hope to meet you in person.
    I thought the works were tedious in combination with life, family and work, but how I miss it now. I have been visiting the Portal and I wish we could continue to interact. really hope to see you at the graduation ceremony.

    Cheers!
    Praise

    ReplyDelete